INTRODUCTION TO LINUX
Linux it is a family of a open sources to Unix -like operating systems which is based on the Linux Kernel which is an operating system kernel and that has been released on 17 September on the year 1991 by Linus Torvalds. In this the distribution includes the Linux kernel and also supported system software an also libraries and among this many of which are provided by the project of GNU. Basically Linux was originally developed for the personal computers which is based on the Inter x86 architecture but as it has been ported to many platforms than the any other operating system. As the dominance of the Linux is based on the Android on the smart phones with this Linux has also installed in a huge number base of all the general purpose system of operating. Though the usage of this is only around 2-3% of the desktop computer the Chrome book which has being running on the basis of Linux Kernel which is Chrome OS it basically dominates the US K-12 education market and also represents nearly about 20%. Linux interview questions has been a leading operating system on the server.
COMPONENTS OF LINUX
Each and every OS is having components parts and also the Linux OS also has many components which are listed down over hare. Let’s know more in details bout all those components;
- Boot Loader- Every computer is required to get a startup in a proper sequence wise and that startup is known as Booting. This boot process is required with the proper guidance and the Os which is a software in control.
- OS Kernel- The user may call the kernel which is the part of the operating system which is the closest to the user’s computing hardware as it is the part which controls the CPU and also access to memory.
- Background Services- Daemons are the small applicants which act as the servants in the background and also ensures that the key functions such as printing, scheduling and also multimedia.
- Graphics Server- This provides with the graphical sub- system that renders images and also shapes on the user’s computer monitor.
- Desktop Environment- The users can also interact with the graphical server directly. Instead this the users are required software that can drive the server.
INTERVIEW QUESTION AND ANSWERS
- What is Linux?
- Linux is a =n operating system which is based on UNIX and was also first introduced by Linus Torvalds. This is totally based on the Linux Kernel and It can also run on the different hardware platforms.
- What is the difference between the UNIX and LINUX?
- Basically the UNIX is originally started to began as a propriety for operating system from Bell Laboratories while on other hand LINUX is free, open source and also intended as a non-propriety operating system for mass.
- What do you understand by BASH?
- BASH it is a short form for Bourne Again SHell. This was also written by Steve as the replacement to the original Bourne Shell.
- What do you understand by the tern Linux Kernel or state about the term Linux Kernel?
- The linux Kernel is a low level of systems software whose main role is to manage the hardware resources for the users.
- What do you understand by the term LILO or describe about the term LILO?
- LILO it is a boot loader which is for the LINUX. It is also used mainly for the loading of the Linux operating system into the main memory.
- What do you mean by the term Swap Apace?
- Swap Apace this is a certain amount of space used by the Linux to the temporarily hold some programs. This usually happens when RAM does not have a enough of memory to hold all programs.
- What are the advantages of a open sources?
- Open source is the one who allows you to distribute the user’s software which includes sources which codes freely to anyone whom ever are interested in it.
- What are the basic components of Linux?
- It is just like the other typical operating system Linux has also all of these components like as kernel, shells and also GUIs, system utilities and many more.